Visiting our website
On www.nolanosteopathy.co.uk you may choose to input personal data. This may happen when you book an appointment online, when you get in touch using our contact form or whether you call/email us to make an appointment. We may ask for your name, email address, phone number and date of birth in order to process your request.
We use the information you provide us solely to fulfil your request. We do not share this information with third parties of any kind. We will never ask for your credit/debit card information or bank account details through the website.
As an extra layer of security, the Nolan Osteopathy website has an SSL certificate. An SSL certificate is a piece of code on our website that provides security for online communications. When a web browser contacts our secured website, the SSL certificate enables an encrypted connection.
When someone visits www.nolanosteopathy.co.uk we monitor standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns using Google Analytics and StatCounter. We do this to understand data, such as the number of visitors to our website and what information visitors are searching for so we can provide the most up to date and relevant information to those visitors. The data on Google Analytics and StatCounter is collected in a secure way which does not identify anyone.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site. These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our website. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.
Most web browsers allow some control of cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org
This privacy notice does not cover links within the Nolan Osteopathy website that lead to other websites. We encourage you to read the privacy statements on the other websites you visit.
Using our services
When you visit our clinics for the first time, the information you provide us is stored and processed for the following reasons.
- We need to collect personal information about your health, your medical history, previous injuries and daily activities to gain a thorough understanding of what are the contributing factors to the cause of your injury and/or pain. This will assist your osteopath in developing an accurate diagnosis and appropriate treatment plan for you.
- We have a "Legitimate Interest" in collecting this information from you. Without it we cannot provide our services to you safely and effectively. You reserve the right to refuse to provide this information, but if you do so we would be unable to provide our services to you.
- Your osteopath will also collect some personal information from you, including your name, address, contact phone number, email and date of birth. This is important so that we can contact you to confirm your appointments with us, provide follow up support and to update you on matters related to your medical care. This again constitutes "Legitimate Interest", but this time it is your legitimate interest.
- Provided we have your consent, we may occasionally send you health related information in the form of helpful advice, articles or newsletters. You can withdraw this consent at any time.
Securing your data
We have a legal obligation to retain your records for 8 years after your most recent appointment (or age 25, if this is longer). After this period your records will be destroyed.
In order to prevent unauthorised access, maintain data accuracy and ensure the correct use of information, we have appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures in place to secure the information we collect about you, both online and when you visit our clinics. Your records are stored securely;
- On paper, in locked filing cabinets
- Electronically (on secure cloud storage), using a specialist medical records service (currently Cliniko). This provider has given us their assurances that they are fully compliant with the General Data Protection Regulations. Access to this data is password protected and the passwords are changed regularly.
- Work computers. These are password protected and backed up regularly.
We will never share your data with anyone who does not need access without your written consent. Only the following will have access to your data:
Accessing your data
You reserve the right to request the information we hold about you. If you would like to access the information, including your treatment records, you will need to request the information by email. Nolan Osteopathy will then contact you by telephone. We have this procedure in place to verify your identity and safeguard your sensitive information.
If you have any questions or queries regarding the storage or use of your data, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our team will be happy to help.
We keep our privacy notice under regular review. This privacy notice was last updated on 10th May 2018.